Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: how to set a PreparedStatement column of XML type in 8.3?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Sat, 15 Dec 2007, Matt Magoffin wrote:

> What about with calls to setObject(int, Object, int) when a String is
> passed in and the type set to Types.OTHER? Would it be possible then...
> say if Object is a String, to treat it as if the stringtype=unspecified
> parameter was set?

I've implemented this for the 8.3 driver in CVS.  It takes
Object.toString() of anything given with Types.OTHER, so it doesn't
necessarily need to be in String form already.

I've uploaded some jars here if you want to give it a test.

http://ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/mm/

Kris Jurka