Re: JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: JDBC and GSSAPI/Krb5
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007, Henry B. Hotz wrote:

> If they are wire-compatible then there is no reason to use a different value
> on the wire to differentiate them.  This is the point that I said I didn't
> understand.

I think the point is that a client using the SSPI library can operate
wire-compatibly with a server using the GSSSPI library, but that only
happens with the auth type of "gss".  When the "sspi" auth type is used,
that signals to a client using the SSPI library to do something
non wire-compatible and that's why the two auth types are used.

Kris Jurka