Re: SSL support for javax.sql.DataSource - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: SSL support for javax.sql.DataSource
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Albe Laurenz wrote:

> Wouldn't it be a good thing to have SSL support for DataSource
> connections?

Sure would, we'd like to support all the options available in a URL in the
DataSource.

> It shouldn't be too hard; attached is a patch (against 8.3dev-600)
> that shows what I mean. It is probably unclean to hard code the
> NonValidatingFactory...

Especially since it changes the default behavior of the driver to not
validate.  If you'd like to change the default, that discussion should
happen elsewhere and should affect all the connection methods.  Why not
just export the sslfactory option to the DataSource as well?

Kris Jurka