Re: BUG #3278: PSQLException when using setBinaryStream via JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: BUG #3278: PSQLException when using setBinaryStream via JDBC
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 14 May 2007, jeffrey zhao wrote:

> Bug reference:      3278
>
> When I run the following program, I got an exception as following:
>
> ps.setBinaryStream(2, fis, file.length());
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Method
> org.postgresql.jdbc4.Jdbc4PreparedStat
> ement.setBinaryStream(int, InputStream, long) is not yet implemented.
>
> Is the method setBinaryStream really not yet implemented?

JDBC4 added a setBinaryStream(int, InputStream, long) method which has not
been implemented yet.  JDBC2 offers setBinaryStream(int, InputStream, int)
which is implmented.  So you'll need to cast the last parameter to an
integer to make it work with the current driver.

Kris Jurka