Re: How to modify my class inherited from java.sql.Array - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: How to modify my class inherited from java.sql.Array
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 16 Apr 2007, vasylenko@uksatse.org.ua wrote:

> I need to update (and insert too) an Array type into table via JDBC. Array
> consist of Strings;
>
> The method ResultSet -> setObject(i,arrayClassObject) � - �works well.
>
> But after the method ResultSet -> �updateRow() generate the exception
> ClassCastException.
>
> How can I modify my ArrayClass to avoid such exception?

Actually it's a mistake in the driver.  The switch needs to accomodate
Types.ARRAY.  I've applied a fix to cvs for the 8.0, 8.1, 8.2, and head
branches and will go out in the next release (hopefully in about a week).
A jar file built with the fix is available here:

http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/va/

Kris Jurka