Re: patch adding new regexp functions - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jeremy Drake
Subject Re: patch adding new regexp functions
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> Jeremy Drake <pgsql@jdrake.com> writes:
> > BTW, should I be calling
> > get_typlenbyvalalign on TEXTOID or are there macros for those also?
>
> By and large we tend to hard-wire those properties too, eg there are
> plenty of places that do things like this:
>
>     /* XXX: this hardcodes assumptions about the regtype type */
>     result = construct_array(tmp_ary, num_params, REGTYPEOID, 4, true, 'i');
>
> Some are better commented than others ...

So, what action (if any) should be taken?  Should all (or some) of these
values be hardcoded, or should the current calls to determine them be left
in place?

>             regards, tom lane

Fortune's Real-Life Courtroom Quote #19:

Q:  Doctor, how many autopsies have you performed on dead people?