Re: stringtype=unspecified problem - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: stringtype=unspecified problem
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Chris Gamache wrote:

> Here's a test case... Since I'm handling these UUIDs as Strings
> throughout the java code, they are indistinguishable from an actual
> string.
>
>      //bombOnNull.setNull(1, java.sql.Types.OTHER); //this works
>      bombOnNull.setNull(1, java.sql.Types.VARCHAR); //this bombs

Here you're explicitly saying that it is a VARCHAR, not that you have a
String that you're not sure what the real type is.  It would be possible
to adjust setNull to check the stringtype setting and use Oid.UNSPECIFIED
here, but I'm not sure that would be correct.

Kris Jurka