Re: Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName, - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Support for DatabaseMetadata: getCatalogName, getTableName,
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006, Dave Cramer wrote:

> The backend does not provide us with this information, so it is not trivial
> to implement( or even possible in some cases) .

Actually we did implement it and then backed it out following the
discussion starting here and moved it into PGResultSetMetaData methods
like getBaseColumnName.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-08/threads.php#00008

We should certainly be able to implement getCatalogName though.

Kris Jurka