Re: PG 8.2's JDBC, and Statement.executeUpdate(String, - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: PG 8.2's JDBC, and Statement.executeUpdate(String,
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006, Ken Johanson wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I'm getting a:
>
> AbstractMethodError:
> org.postgresql.jdbc2.Jdbc2Statement.executeUpdate(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)I
>
> when I call Statement.executeUpdate(String, String[]) on the PG 8.2 distro's
> JDBC driver (I did not check any other versions).

executeUpdate(String, String[]) is a JDBC3 method, but you are evidently
using a JDBC2 driver.  When you use a JDBC3 driver you will get a
SQLException reporting that this method is not implemented if you
supply anything other than an array of zero length.  Actually this should
probably also allow a null array as now it will throw a NPE when it
shouldn't.

Kris Jurka