Re: 8.2.0 pdf - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: 8.2.0 pdf
Date
List pgsql-www

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Devrim GUNDUZ wrote:

> BTW, I first built A4 pdf by running "make postgres.pdf" . Then per a
> suggestion at #postgresql, I converted it to ps by ps2pdf. Then, I ran:
>
> ps2pdf -paper letter postgres.ps
>
> to convert it to US format. Is it the right way to do that?

No, converting to postscript loses all the PDF formatting goodness that
makes it readable instead of just printable.

I edited
/usr/share/sgml/docbook/stylesheet/dsssl/modular/print/dbparam.dsl and
changed

(define %paper-type% "A4")

(define %paper-type% "USletter")

and rerunning the entire multi-day generation.

Surely this isn't ideal and the correct way to do this is to set it in a
stylesheet or pass it in some other way, but this worked for me.

Kris Jurka