Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError:
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Sounds like there is a bug in the driver's escape sequence parsing somewhere
> then. An invalid {...} escape shouldn't cause an OOME.

Indeed.  The attached patch fixes this case for me.  In general the
handling of escapes that aren't correct doesn't look great and should
probably be looked at it the future.  For example the fact that it only
checks the first letter of some escapes and doesn't complain if the second
isn't found doesn't look good.  Anyway as gborg is down, cvs is down, so
I'll commit this one later.

Kris Jurka

Attachment