Re: BUG #2514: (jdbc driver) Multiple inlined statements with - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: BUG #2514: (jdbc driver) Multiple inlined statements with
Date
In response to BUG #2514: (jdbc driver) Multiple inlined statements with mixed updates and queries return wrong results  ("Gilles" <gilles.rayrat@continuent.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, 5 Jul 2006, Gilles wrote:

> Bug reference:      2514
> updates and queries return wrong results
> Details:
>
> When issuing this:
> statement.execute("SELECT 2;UPDATE foo SET d='babar' where i=1; SELECT 3");
> The 2 result returned is wrong. This seems to be a ResultSet containing the
> same values as the first RS (it should be an update count)

Fixed in CVS for 8.0, 8.1 and 8.2dev.  It was mistakenly retaining some
state from the first SELECT when issuing the update.  I've put up a
temporary jar file here if you need a fix before the next official
releases.  http://www.ejurka.com/pgsql/jars/gr/

Kris Jurka