Re: mailing list moderation of subscriptions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: mailing list moderation of subscriptions
Date
List pgsql-www

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> Actually, Kris is referring to ppl sending in a subscribe message, but not
> sending back a confirmation ... the list moderator has the ability to approve
> such requests, which I general do when I clean out the lists ... the problem
> is that I know that I've had issues where that confirmation mail gets lost as
> spam (ie. Yahoo's spam features send it to the bulk mail folder, that I've
> had experience with ppl losing emails in) ...

I guess my question is why do we have a confirmation at all?  If someone
else tries to subscribe me then I have a small window where I can reject
it, but otherwise it will be approved by a moderator?

> But, if Kris wants me to stop, that's cool ... there are other lists I don't
> touch ...

I'd appreciate it if you still moderated messages in case I'm travelling
or otherwise unavailable.

Kris Jurka