Re: mailing list moderation of subscriptions - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Marc G. Fournier
Subject Re: mailing list moderation of subscriptions
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Kris Jurka wrote:
>>
>> I moderate the pgsql-jdbc list and I always leave subscription requests in
>> the moderation queue so that the user can complete the confirmation as
>> designed.  If they don't confirm after a week or so the request is
>> dropped.  This evening someone approved two subscription requests.  This
>> defeats the whole purpose of the confirmation system.  Unless there is
>> some policy I'm unaware of I'd ask people not to do it.
>
> Uh, are you sure the user is told to subscribe and repost.  Last I used
> it I don't remember that information.

Actually, Kris is referring to ppl sending in a subscribe message, but not
sending back a confirmation ... the list moderator has the ability to
approve such requests, which I general do when I clean out the lists ...
the problem is that I know that I've had issues where that confirmation
mail gets lost as spam (ie. Yahoo's spam features send it to the bulk mail
folder, that I've had experience with ppl losing emails in) ...

But, if Kris wants me to stop, that's cool ... there are other lists I
don't touch ...

----