Re: Full XA availability ? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Full XA availability ?
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 9 Feb 2006, Xavier Bugaud wrote:

> Currently, the last JDBC driver is not fully XA compliant as it does not
> support transaction interleaving and suspend/resume.
>
> I can't see on the todo list anything about XA improvement. Is it
> planned to implement the missing XA features ?

It is possible to fake these to some extent in the driver, but we've
decided not to do that and wait for full support from the backend.  There
isn't a whole lot of interest from backend developers to do this though
and I don't know of anyone working on it.  Their goal was to implement two
phase commit, but XA is more than that.  I'm not sure they knew this at
the time and seemed a little put out when the goalposts were moved after
they completed the design and implementation.

Kris Jurka