Re: escapeQuotes causes faults in DatabaseMataData - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: escapeQuotes causes faults in DatabaseMataData
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Paolo Predonzani wrote:

> Hi everybody!
> There is a particular type of input that causes trouble when calling
> DatabaseMetaData's methods such as getTables(), ecc.
>
> The input I'm talking about are strings containing backslash characters
> in situations like the following:
> dbmd.getTables(null, null, "my\\table", types);

I've applied your patch to 8.0, 8.1 and HEAD CVS branches.  I'll also
note that a search for "my\\table" still won't work because backslash is
the LIKE pattern escape character as well, so you'll need "my\\\\table".

Kris Jurka