Re: CallableStatements: index starts at 2 - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: CallableStatements: index starts at 2
Date
Re: CallableStatements: index starts at 2  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I just checked in a fix for this. It hasn't been well tested on all the
> various servers so please report problems back to me.

This fix only works on JDK1.4 builds.  It doesn't work on 1.2, 1.3, or 1.5
because you've only modified Jdbc3CallableStatement.  This also indicates
the fragility of the adjustIndex parameter.  Unfortunately we can't create
an AbstractJdbc2CallableStatement because we'd need multiple inheritance
for Jdbc3CallableStatement to extend both AbstractJdbc3Statement and
AbstractJdbc[2|3]CallableStatement.

Also your test case using the function getVoid does not work against 7.2
servers because the void pseudotype was added in 7.3.  The void type
doesn't seem to be important for testing.  You should be able to call a
function returing anything and ignore the result.

Kris Jurka