Re: SET within a function? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Edmund Dengler
Subject Re: SET within a function?
Date
Re: SET within a function?  ("Arthur Ward" <award@dominionsciences.com>)
List pgsql-general
Is the rewrite only for the literal 'X = NULL' or will it do a test
against a value such as 'X = OLD.X' (and rewrite is OLD.X is NULL)?

Is there any way to match NULLS to each other (as I am looking for a
literal row, not using NULL as the UNKNOWN). I suppose I could put in a
dummy value for the 'Not a valid value', but it seems to be quite awkward
when I really do want the NULL.

Regards!
Ed