Re: Interval support for Postgres - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Interval support for Postgres
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Oliver Siegmar wrote:

> On Thursday 21 April 2005 20:32, Kris Jurka wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 Apr 2005, Oliver Siegmar wrote:
> > > here's a patch that adds functionality to the PGInterval class. I'd be
> > > happy to see this in upstream.
> >
> > You cannot use regex code in this class because it must compile with 1.2
> > and 1.3 JDKs.
>
> Can it be placed in the JDBC3 package, then? This requires JDK 1.4 anyway,
> right?

It could, but I'd be against it.  Having a different PGInterval behavior
for JDBC2 and JDBC3 builds would be rather odd.  While regex may be
convenient here it certainly isn't essential.  If you want to get this in
I'd recommend rewriting to do the parsing manually.

Kris Jurka