Re: lots of puzzling log messages - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: lots of puzzling log messages
Date
List pgsql-general

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> > On Tue, Apr 19, 2005 at 05:39:42PM -0700, Dennis Sacks wrote:
> >> I am Seeing twelve of these messages every five to ten seconds in the
> >> Postgresql serverlog when my java application is running:
> >>
> >> 2005-04-19 16:43:03 LOG:  00000: statement: rollback; begin;
> >> LOCATION:  pg_parse_query, postgres.c:464
>
> I think older versions of the JDBC driver will do that behind your back
> ... try the latest driver, and if you still see it then inquire on
> pgsql-jdbc.

The latest driver will do that as well, but in two statements now that
transaction end doesn't automatically start a new one immediately.  The
difference is that the server doesn't log it for the 8.0 driver because
it prepares the begin/commit/rollback statements just once and executes
them from then on.

Kris Jurka