Re: 8.0.1 performance question. - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: 8.0.1 performance question.
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 alvin.yk@gmail.com wrote:

> Thank you for the quick response.  To help me debug what's happening,
> can you tell me what's the difference between the 7.4 and 8.0 jdbc
> drivers in this regard?  Is this something that is newly introduced in
> 8.0?  Or is this something that has always been happening?

8.0 is the first driver version to take advantage of the V3 protocol's
ability to return the base tables and columns of a ResultSet.
Previously isNullable was hardcoded to always return
columnNullableUnknown and isAutoIncrement always returned false.

I guess the question is why are you calling these methods if they didn't
work previously?

Kris Jurka