Re: Problems with infinity - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Problems with infinity
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Oliver Siegmar wrote:

> To track down the problem (infinity in another timezone) I changed the
> timezone of my PgSQL server from 'CET' to 'EST'. Even without the
> infinity-patch applied I get a test-exception:
>
> testGetTimestampWTZ(org.postgresql.test.jdbc2.TimestampTest):     FAILED
>     [junit] expected:<-627872399900> but was:<-627847199900>

This is a known problem when you have timestamp without time zone and the
server and client timezone is different.  If you set your client timezone
to EST as well it should go away.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2004-12/msg00137.php

Kris Jurka