Re: Primary schema name prepended to database objects - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Primary schema name prepended to database objects
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, [ISO-8859-1] Kovács Péter wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am not sure if this a general or jdbc question. (I am connecting to
> pgsql via jdbc.) I have postmaster (PostgreSQL) 7.4.5. It looks like the
> name of primary schema of the user (actually their username) is
> prepended to database objects so the "search_path" is not considered any
> more.

By default the search_path has the schema of your username included in it
with the special $user variable:

jurka=# show search_path;
 search_path
--------------
 $user,public
(1 row)

> (I got my stuff in the "public" schema, so I do not find them as
> user 'x'.) How can I tell the jdbc driver not to use schema-qualified
> object names?

This should still search the public schema if an identically named object
is not found in your user schema.  It is unclear from your report exactly
what your search_path setting is, what tables are where, and what query is
not finding them correctly.  If your search_path is not set correctly you
may set this globally (postgresql.conf) or per user/database or per
connection to match your needs.

Kris Jurka