Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while ( - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> I don't have the code to hand, but from memory an explicit
> close of the Query does exactly this -- it clears the
> reference which causes it to be immeditately enqueued, and
> the next query will do cleanup when it polls the reference
> queue.

This is true for the Query/Portal objects, the problem is that the
Statement/ResultSets aren't closing the underlying objects.  Will fix.

> I was more worried about why a batch update was generating
> so many individual named statements.. it should either use
> zero (Statement.addBatch) or one
> (PreparedStatement.addBatch) named statement, not N statements.

Ahhh.  The protocol is a problem, but this named statement misuse is
triggering it.  I can take a look at that.

Kris Jurka