Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while ( - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #1347: Bulk Import stopps after a while (
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> OK, it looks like it is the connection deadlock issue, but triggered by
> a case I hadn't considered. For some reason every query in the batch is
> creating a new named statement on the backend .. and the statement
> cleanup process that happens before query execution is flooding
> statement Close commands down the connection on the second batch
> execution, which appears to deadlock the connection. The exact behaviour
> will be fairly unpredicatable as it depends on when the JVM does garbage
> collection.

Any news on this?  In general it seems like the whole statement/portal
cleanup is too lazy.  These things can take up significant backend
resources and I would have expected calling ResultSet.close() and/or
Statement.close() to actually close something (perhaps not immediately,
but at least on the next network trip).

Kris Jurka