Re: Postgresql installation Errors - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Postgresql installation Errors
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Thu, 16 Dec 2004, Christine Warren wrote:

> We are currently trying to set up postgresql 7.4.3 on linux Enterprise
> Server for use on a software platform called DSpace, as such we have also
> installed Java, Apache-Ant and Tomcat 5.0.19 which are required for use with
> Dspace. We have been unable to get past the gmake command in the
> installation of Pgsql. We have retyped the error we encounter below
>
> [javac]
> /usr/dspace/postgresl-7.4.3/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc3/Jdbc3Ca
> llableStatement.java:23: error: Invalid checked exception class
> 'java.sql.SQLExcception' in 'throws' clause.  The exception must be a
> subclass of an exception thrown by
> 'org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Statment.createRefCursorResultSet(java.la
> ng.String)' from calss 'org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbcStatement.'
>
>     [javac]        public PGRefCursorResultSet createRefCursorResultSet
> (String cursorName) throws SqlException
>     [javac]
>     [javac]    4 errors

This is clearly not the original error message, it looks like you've
retyped it adding numerous errors.  This makes it difficult to determine
what the real problem is.  I believe the problem is that another version
of the JDBC driver is in your classpath or is otherwise available to
the compiler which is causing the error.  Please check what existing jar
files you have installed.

Also note that you do not need to build the driver and you can simply
download a pre-built version from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/download.html

Kris Jurka