Re: Permission denied error with testGetUDTQualified - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Permission denied error with testGetUDTQualified
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004, Xavier Poinsard wrote:

> Trying to run the tests from Build 308 againt a 7.4.1 server I got the
> following error :
>
>   [junit] Testcase:
> testGetUDTQualified(org.postgresql.test.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaDataTest):
>    Caused an ERROR
>      [junit] ERROR: permission denied for database test
>      [junit] java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: permission denied for
> database test
>
> Can someone provides the way to solve this error (and add a note in the
> code) ?

The code is trying to create a schema, which you apparently don't have
permission to do.

GRANT CREATE ON DATABASE test TO test;

should fix this.  Making test the owner of the test database, or making
test a superuser will also make this work.

Kris Jurka