Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: conflict txns in serialization isolation
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Yi LIN wrote:

> db = DriverManager.getConnection(url, username, password);
> db.setAutoCommit(false);
> db.setTransactionIsolation(java.sql.Connection.TRANSACTION_SERIALIZABLE);

I think you want to set the transaction isolation before starting the
transaction by turning off autocommit.  Later versions of the driver make
this work correctly or throw an error on this situation, but I recall you
were using an old version.  So try reordering the last two lines.

Kris Jurka