Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Kris Jurka
Subject Re: Bug (and fix): leaks of TCP connections when connected
Date
List pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Laurent Sylvain wrote:

> I experienced some TCP connection leaks when using PGSQL JDBC driver 7.4
> (build 214) to connect to a 7.3.4 server.
> The symptoms are that when performing a netstat on the client machine, many
> connections were in the CLOSE_WAIT state.
>
> The problem is that the driver tries to connect using v3 protocol and when
> it sees that the server doesn't understand it, it opens a new connection
> (PGStream) to the server without closing the previous one:

I've applied the attached patch to the 7.4 and 7.5 cvs trees.  It adds the
pgStream.close() you suggested as well as closing the stream for other
connection failures such as authentication failures or lack of ssl
support.

Kris Jurka

Attachment