faster and faster!! - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From bpalmer
Subject faster and faster!!
Date
List pgsql-sql
Two questions:

- Does the order of WHERE clauses make a difference?  I was trying to make
some of my code faster and tried switching two clauses that should have
effected the query,  but there was no speed difference.

- I have a query:

SELECT stamp
FROM table
WHERE timestamp > now() - INTERVAL '1 0:00'

This query takes 13 seconds to run.  If I were to run another query such
as:

WHERE sid > 1000

it would return almost instantly.  There are indexes on both columns.  Is
dealing with timestamps that slow?  Is there any way to speed it up?

Thanks all,
- Brandon

              h: 201-798-4983b. palmer,  bpalmer@crimelabs.net           pgp:crimelabs.net/bpalmer.pgp5