Re: listing databases - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Louis Bertrand
Subject Re: listing databases
Date
List pgsql-php
Just a quick answer without doing much research.

Have a look at the system tables. There is a switch in psql (can't
remember which one) to monitor the actual sql sent to the back-end.

Start with \dS to list the system tables.

Try SELECT * FROM pg_database; to get the databases

I think template1 always exists, so you can try connecting to that if
you're not sure where to start.

I'm not sure how to get the tables, but I'm sure it's the same process.

Ciao
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada
Tel: +1.905.623.1500  Fax: +1.905.623.3852

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/