ownership of DBs and tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Louis Bertrand
Subject ownership of DBs and tables?
Date
List pgsql-general
Is there a way of changing the ownership of tables and even entire
databases?

Here's why I ask. I created a database "webdb" for a PHP3 application and
created a database user "www" to own it. However, I am creating the actual
tables as user "louis" who has superuser privileges in PostgreSQL. When
I look at the ownership of a new table, it's "louis", not "www". I'm
doing this with psql and pgaccess. I'd rather not have to su(8) as
"www" to perform DB maintenance.

Thanks
 --Louis  <louis@bertrandtech.on.ca>

Louis Bertrand       http://www.bertrandtech.on.ca/
Bertrand Technical Services, Bowmanville, ON, Canada

OpenBSD: Secure by default.  http://www.openbsd.org/