Re: pop3 server and Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: pop3 server and Postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
There are modules to do that for Cyrus. It would not be very complex to
implement postgresql access in pretty much any pop server that supports
pluggable authentication modules.

Of course, its another subject whether you _want_ to do this. Like it or
not, email requires 24/7 availability. Database itself will provide less
than that. I suggest you don't rely on database direct but extract data
every so often from it into a file.

-alex