Re: Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: Info regarding integrating a barcode reader with PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
This is definitely not a pgsql question.

Barcode readers usually have a keyboard interface, where they plug in
between keyboard and host. When a reader scans a barcode, it sends
'keystrokes' to the host...

Alternatively, they can be connected as serial device, outputting data
when they see a barcode.