Re: Blobs in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Pilosov
Subject Re: Blobs in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
There are many things one may mean by blob.
a) there's old 'large object' interface,
http://www.postgresql.org/idocs/index.php?largeobjects.html

b) the above is rarely necessary now, that there is no limit on amount of
data you can put into one tuple (due to TOASTing of tuples). To store
binary data, you should use bytea type and it has infinite (well, 4G)
limit of data.