Re: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Bug or my crooked hands? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Jewiss
Subject Re: Re[2]: [GENERAL] Bug or my crooked hands?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Yury Don wrote:

> >>         "Contact"       Serial,

> JR> How did you get negative values in a Serial - field??
> JR> Serial-fields default to positive numbers....
>
> I have copied the data from MS Access table and there where negative
> values. I can't change data in field Contacts because they are using
> in other tables.

I'd go along with the previous statement - a serial should only be a
positive number.

What was the schema for the table in MS Access? You may have to change
that (by copying everything into a new table), and then moving it into
Postgres.

What are you using this column for anyway? Is it just an identifier?

Regards,

Mark.
--
Mark Jewiss