Re: epoch to timestamp - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Chris Linstruth
Subject Re: epoch to timestamp
Date
List pgsql-sql
I wanted an interval to be displayed as HH:MI:SS even when the
number of hours is greater than 24.  I resorted to something like
this:

acctsessiontime is an interval.

SELECT
date_part('seconds', acctsessiontime) as connectseconds,
date_part('minutes, acctsessiontime) as connectminutes,
date_part('hours', acctsessiontime) as connecthours,
date_part('days', acctsessiontime) as connectdays

I then did the old connecthours += connectdays * 24 routine.

Is there some sort of inverse "date_trunc" that would enable me
to say: to_char(acctsessiontime, 'HH:MI:SS') and get, for example,
147:23:12?

--
Chris Linstruth <cjl@qnet.com>
QNET