Re: counting distinct rows on more than one column - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fork
Subject Re: counting distinct rows on more than one column
Date
List pgsql-sql
In 7.0.3, I believe the following would work:

SELECT count(distinct(a || b)) FROM t;

if subselects in from were supported in 7.0.3 as they are in 7.1, you
could do:

SELECT count(*) FROM (SELECT DISTINCT a,b FROM t) FROM x

Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio