Re: Still don't know how to build this string ? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Fork
Subject Re: Still don't know how to build this string ?
Date
List pgsql-sql
The following function will convert a given list into a comma delimited
string (the argument should be the typ):

CREATE FUNCTION dima_list(int4) RETURNS text AS '       DECLARE               rec            record;               list
         text;       BEGIN               list := '''';               FOR rec IN SELECT diam FROM zylinder WHERE typ =
$1                      list := list || rec.diam || ''; ''               END LOOP;               RETURN list;
END;
' LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

Note that PL/PGSQL must be installed first, which can be done by typing

createlang plpgsql

at a shell prompt as a postgres super user.

Michael Fork - CCNA - MCP - A+
Network Support - Toledo Internet Access - Toledo Ohio