Re: [GENERAL] Importing delimited files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brett W. McCoy
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Importing delimited files
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, kheflin wrote:

> I've usually imported any delimited text files into my PostgreSQL
> databases using "PGACCESS" which has worked great for me. Our System
> Admin here is wanting to import a delimited text file into a postgresql
> database using the psql command line...
>
> any suggestions?

Use the SQL command COPY for importing a delimited fileinto a tabl.  You
can also use the psql command \copy, but it isn't as flexible.  Take a
look at the online help in psql for the exact syntax of both commands.

Brett W. McCoy
                                         http://www.lan2wan.com/~bmccoy
"The Number of UNIX installations has grown to 10, with more expected."
   -- The UNIX Programmer's Manual, 2nd Edition, June, 1972