Re: pg_restore returns error schema objects already exist - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From brew@theMode.com
Subject Re: pg_restore returns error schema objects already exist
Date
List pgsql-novice
David.....

> I'm working with postgres for the first time, and trying to do some
> trial backups and restores.

I backup with pg_dump (using plain text with --clean to drop the
objects).  That way I can easily view the database.

To load the data back in I use the command line front end program psql :

psql dbname < backup.sql

However this doesn't work if you have binary data stored in the database.

I'm sure others on the list have some more ideas, too.

Welcome....

brew

                  Strange Brew   (brew@theMode.com)
  Check out my Stock Option Covered Call website  http://www.callpix.com