Re: [PERFORM] Sun performance - Major discovery! - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Sun performance - Major discovery!
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Neil Conway wrote:

> ISTM the most legitimate reason for not enabling compilater
> optimizations on a given compiler/OS/architecture combination is might
> cause compiler errors / bad code generation.
>
> Can we get these optimizations enabled in time for the next 7.4 beta? It
> might also be good to add an item in the release notes about it.
>
> -Neil

I just ran make check for sun with gcc -O2 and suncc -fast and both
passed.

We'll need other arguments to suncc to supress some warnings, etc. (-fast
generates a warning for every file compiled telling you it will only
run on ultrasparc machines)

--
Jeff Trout <jeff@jefftrout.com>
http://www.jefftrout.com/