Re: refusing connections based on load ... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: refusing connections based on load ...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Apparently so under Solaris ...

hestia:/> uname -a
SunOS hestia 5.7 Generic_106542-12 i86pc i386 i86pc

C Library Functions                                getloadavg(3C)

NAME    getloadavg - get system load averages

SYNOPSIS    #include <sys/loadavg.h>
    int getloadavg(double loadavg[], int nelem);

DESCRIPTION

How hard would it be to knock up code that, by default, ignores loadavg,
but if, say, set in postgresql.conf:

loadavg    = 4

it will just refuse connections?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org