Why is there so much MySQL bashing??? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Philip Hallstrom
Subject Why is there so much MySQL bashing???
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all -
    I'm not here to start a war, but it seems to me that there is a
fairly large amount of MySQL bashing in this group.  Why?  What's the
point?  It seems to me that if PostgreSQL wants an enemy to fight it
should be Microsoft SQLServer and Oracle.  It seems to me that it's
PostgreSQL/MySQL vs those two.  Why fight amongst ourselves?

Now, if there is something truly lacking in MySQL, that completely
different because this stuff ends up in the archives and people make
decisions based off what they find there.  However, it needs to be kept
professional, don't you think?

What are my impressions going to be of PostgreSQL (and now Great Bridge
since their name will pop up as well) if I search for "mysql vs
postgresql" and see a lot of mysql bashing posts in thse lists?  I'm going
to think you all are a bunch of whining losers who can't fathom the
possibility that there might be good (or even better) alternatives out
there.

That can't be good for PostgreSQL, can it?

-philip