Re: libpq++ - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Randy Jonasz
Subject Re: libpq++
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
Hi Jeroen,

I'm very interested in a total revamp of the C++ API.  I'd like to mirror
the roguewave dbtools++ api in some ways as well as building a STL
compliant interface.  Would you be interested in working together on this?

Cheers,

Randy

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, J. T. Vermeulen wrote:

> Is anyone maintaining libpq++?  My patches are beginning to seriously
> overlap each other, making it hard to submit them individually.
>
> If there's nobody out there, I'd be willing to maintain this code and
> make more extensive changes.  In particular, I would like to:
>
>  - introduce exceptions instead of manual checking, as suggested in TODO;
>  - update the manual;
>  - review all the little consts, bools, explicits and such;
>  - replace PgTransaction by a more fine-grained and exception-safe
>    mechanism outside the PgDatabase hierarchy;
>  - provide STL-conformant interfaces for iterating over result sets;
>  - allow fields to be accessed in a type-safe manner;
>  - ensure clean compilation under g++ 3.0;
>  - bring functionality up-to-date with libpq if, as & where needed
>
> Would that be OK?
>

> Jeroen

> http://www.postgresql.org/search.mpl

Randy Jonasz
Software Engineer
Click2net Inc.
Web:  http://www.click2net.com
Phone: (905) 271-3550

"You cannot possibly pay a philosopher what he's worth,
but try your best" -- Aristotle