Re: [GENERAL] Mailing Lists - Mailing list pgsql-general

From The Hermit Hacker
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Mailing Lists
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, Ed Loehr wrote:

> Jeff MacDonald wrote:
>
> > The lists are taking up >50% of the cd. I'm curious about people's
> > opinions. The archives are a valuable resource. But out of those
> > who have ever bought a cd, or those that would,
> >
> >         Would you use the archives off the cd ?
> >
> > Consider the point, that these archives are possibly outdated when
> > you receive the cd, and that the Live archives on www.postgresql.org
> > are searchable.
>
> CD archives would seem replaceable to me if the www.postgresql.org search
> engine were a bit more reliable and useful (ie easier to navigate threads
> found via search.

Okay, I'm confused...when ht/dig worked, if you clicked on a mesage you
wanted to read, that message had a 'thread' link that would list all
messages in that thread...

...or are you talking about something different?

Systems Administrator @ hub.org