Re: copy notice - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jtp
Subject Re: copy notice
Date
List pgsql-general

Personal experience says one of your fields in that line has a control
character or quite possibly a | itself.  causing copy to read that field
as more than one field.   Check those lines for odd characters.

The rows will load succesfully, but will truncate whatever it thinks is
'extra'.  You should to edit those specific lines and get rid of
whatever's cuasing that error in order to claim everything is imported the
way your pipe delimitted file suggests it should be.

.jtp