more sco questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From jtp
Subject more sco questions
Date
List pgsql-general

Taking some previous advice we tried putting postgres on a sco machine
again with the GNU tools.  We salvaged a completely different machine and
used a clean install of sco's system 5.  gcc 2.95 was also installed (the
only available from skunkwors).

Still no luck.

After running all night, the build choked on a gcc option "-W l,-Bexport".
i searched through the postgres directories looking for this option.
i found in it the src/makefiles directory.  it is in the makefile for sco
and a couple other sco-related makefiles.  below please find its contents.

Makefile.sco
CFLAGS += -dy
LDFLAGS += -W l,-Bexport

 %.so: %.o
$(LD) -G -Bdynamic -o $@ $<

the error reported was "gcc -W l-Bexport: no such file or directory".