Re: triggers and plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: triggers and plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Jakub Ouhrabka wrote:

> hi,
> i'm getting strange results when executing the code below. i would expect
> that li_count in function foo and the select after calling this function
> should return same values. can anyone explain me why i'm getting these
> results, please?

AFAICS the after triggers are going to be delayed until the outer
statement is completing.  That would means when the select
foo() is finishing up, the after triggers run, so between the delete and
select in the function, the trigger hasn't been called yet.