Re: changes sequences to unique - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: changes sequences to unique
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Dave Stokes wrote:

> I have a sequence that I 'thought' was providing unique numbers but is
> not.  Is there someway to turn on unique-ness?  Should I reload after
> adding unique to the sequence?  Any other thoughts on digging my way out
> of the problem?

They should provide unique numbers.  You could get non-unique values in
a column with a sequence default if you manually insert values (the
sequence wouldn't know about these).  Can you give a sequence of events
from a blank start to replicate what you're seeing?